Monday, August 25, 2014

DIY Christmas Gifts - edible

DIY CHRISTMAS GIFTS


I know it's only August, but this is something I made last year for my friends, and they all loved it! Super easy and cute DIY gifts for your friends, and also edible and yummy.

INGREDIENTS

          • Pretzel sticks (got mine from bulk barn)
          • Coloured candy molds (I used white, green, red, brown - Christmas colours!)
          • Candy pieces: orange m&ms/reese pieces for the snowman's nose; sprinkles (white, green, red)
          • Chocolate chips for snowman's hat and buttons



I dipped my pretzel sticks in the coloured chocolate molds (white for snowman base, regular chocolate/brown for other base)

SNOWMAN: I waited for the white base to dry, then stuck on my candy for the nose, buttons, hat, etc. with more candy mold.

REG CHOCO BASE: For the regular chocolate/brown base pretzel sticks, before drying, I made sure to sprinkle generously onto the pretzel sticks. You can also use a white base and sprinkle as you would for the reg. chocolate base, so it looks like this:


I then packaged it in cellophane wrap (I put different varieties together, so 1 snowman, 1 chocolate sprinkle, and 1 white chocolate sprinkle together) nd tied it with a Christmas ribbon. Attach a personalized message to your friends and your good to go! Easy and fun DIY you can do on your own or with friends. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment